Postby kosherbacon » Fri May 27, 2016 3:43 am

http://somnovastudios.blogspot.com/2016 ... -doom.html

Doomy dooms of DOOM.

Also, we need a writer.
kosherbacon
Writer

Re: Blog Post of DOOM

Postby Kuiper » Fri May 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Who should writers contact to submit their applications, and what are the requirements of the position in terms of expected word count per week or month?
Kuiper
Writer

Postby Gloom » Fri May 27, 2016 7:17 pm

rooty wrote:Who should writers contact to submit their applications, and what are the requirements of the position in terms of expected word count per week or month?

While you may contact any member of the Somnova Team for applications, it is highly advisable that you do either KosherBacon, Hamadyne, or myself, as we are the most involved members of the writing team at the moment.

Requirements cannot really be made in terms of wordcount, since wordcount does not a scene make (quoth Gloom), but according to our current estimates, we're ideally talking about 8-10 scenes within the next half a year or so. In broad strokes, I would say a little less than two scenes per month on average. It's a lot of very intensive work, but on the bright side, the circumstances of the vacant position mean that they'll be given creative freedom which is almost unheard of in the field. Make your own judgement.

Mr Immortal wrote:Perhaps our awesome is his normal. Like The Doctor, or Batman...

Gloom is Batman.
Gloom
Writer

Postby Divinewargod » Fri May 27, 2016 11:42 pm

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this!

Also Gloom is at 665 posts.
The best user on this board is zaku.
Divinewargod

Postby Ultra_HR » Sat May 28, 2016 6:15 pm

Oh! I'm a semi-professional writer and I've been following Missing Stars and Somnova's journey for a long time. I'm really excited to see that you have an opening for a writer and I'd love to apply but unfortunately I don't seem able to private message anybody on this forum, so what would be the best way of getting in touch?
Ultra_HR
Editor

Postby Gloom » Sat May 28, 2016 7:05 pm

Publish your Skype address so we could contact you, I would say, but not everyone would do that on a public forum. How about an e-mail address?

Mr Immortal wrote:Perhaps our awesome is his normal. Like The Doctor, or Batman...

Gloom is Batman.
Gloom
Writer

Postby Ultra_HR » Sat May 28, 2016 7:16 pm

Gloom wrote:Publish your Skype address so we could contact you, I would say, but not everyone would do that on a public forum. How about an e-mail address?

I don't mind publishing either! I'm Ultra_HR basically everywhere, so if you search that on Skype you should be able to find me (there are one or two other accounts with a similar name, but mine is the only one that uses an _ as far as I know). Alternatively, my email address is Ultra_HR[at]outlook.com
Ultra_HR
Editor

Postby Gloom » Sat May 28, 2016 7:21 pm

There are actually quite a few accounts by that (eight that I've found, to be specific). I've messaged you on the two that seemed most promising. Gotten anything?

Gloom is Batman.
Gloom
Writer

Postby Blank Mage » Sat May 28, 2016 8:28 pm

I'll also throw my hat in the ring. As Ultra said, PMs don't work here, so feel free to delete this post if it seems like a shameless plug: Most of my stuff is on the Katawa Shoujo boards here. Feel free to PM me there or just reply to this comment if you have to.
Blank Mage
Writer

Postby Gloom » Sat May 28, 2016 10:45 pm

Blank Mage wrote:I'll also throw my hat in the ring. As Ultra said, PMs don't work here, so feel free to delete this post if it seems like a shameless plug: Most of my stuff is on the Katawa Shoujo boards here. Feel free to PM me there or just reply to this comment if you have to.

Same rule applies: post your Skype address if you're feeling comfortable, or post your e-mail address instead. We'll discuss further details in private.

Gloom is Batman.
Gloom
Writer

Postby Blank Mage » Sun May 29, 2016 6:01 am

Gloom wrote:Same rule applies: post your Skype address if you're feeling comfortable, or post your e-mail address instead. We'll discuss further details in private.

Ah, I suppose I might as well. Email is blankmage88@gmail.com. I've avoided getting Skype all this time, not gonna start now.
Blank Mage
Writer

Postby mightaswell » Mon May 30, 2016 7:51 pm

If no one's been chosen yet, feel free to email me: sinclairpressure@yahoo.com. I'm pretty confident in my writing and love eroge, so this could be fun~
mightaswell

Postby kosherbacon » Tue May 31, 2016 7:35 pm

Thanks for the encouraging response, everyone. We've had no shortage of talented applicants reach out to us. If anyone else wants to try out, let us know by June 4th. You can leave contact information in this thread, an application in the recruitment forum, or a message to Gloom, Hamadyne, or myself.

Thanks.
kosherbacon
Writer

Postby ILY » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:28 pm

The blog post title had me worried, hah. Thank you all for being so dedicated to this project.
ILY
The Door Whisperer

Postby Hamadyne » Fri Jun 03, 2016 9:01 pm

Applications are now CLOSED.
Hamadyne
Writer

Postby enagemegane » Sun Jun 05, 2016 3:57 pm

I will never stop believing in this.
"It's not about anything at all."
ImageImage
ImageImage
Waytfm wrote: "Megane is officially my favorite person on these forums."
enagemegane

Postby Likhos » Wed Jun 08, 2016 4:35 am

Sup guys, nice update I see there.

Oh by the way:
Getting some stalker/yandere vibes here. I'd choose the "evade" option if possible.
Likhos

Return to News