"Hypnagogic" A Interactive Story with ARG Elements

Other projects of Somnova developers

"Hypnagogic" A Interactive Story with ARG Elements

Postby TheDaftStudent » Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:36 am

OOC/Work Station can be found here: Link to Tumblr Blog (So you can follow development!)
Current Story Status: In the works
Genre: Horror/Thriller, Lovecraftian
Media Involved: Blog and video blog (possibly a tumblr and a youtube channel, maybe a twitter for the lazy)
The Expected Release/Start Time For the Story Is: The Fall of 2012

About The Story:
[spoiler=Spoiler]The story will take place at the current time and date that it is released. Each video/blog post in the story will be real time as it happens or when the character would be able to post them.

The story will follow the main character (Nicholas) as he uncovers the secrets of our world. That we were not always alone here in the first place, and that there are other dimensions where horrible creatures lurk and wait for a chance to be set free. He will be forced to fight off a rabid cult, search for clues of how to stop them from summoning a great monster, fight other-worldly beasts, and maybe even be forced to give his life.[/spoiler]
Last edited by TheDaftStudent on Mon Apr 30, 2012 6:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
TheDaftStudent

Re: Unnamed ARG

Postby khaos4ng31 » Sat Apr 28, 2012 5:32 pm

I like the idea. I've heard about ARG's, and the first I heard about was the one that came from a movie or something that linked to a website, then caused people to launch a mission or something. Yes, organization is going to be a bitch, as well as management (of time, people, etc.).
Hope is an illusion. It is merely despair in disguise.
khaos4ng31

Re: "Hypnagogic" A Interactive Story with ARG Elements

Postby TheDaftStudent » Sat Apr 28, 2012 7:13 pm

Yes, but that would also be the main problem of it being just a video series. As with most stories now a days on the net, this one will have elements from ARGs - but it won't be a full on ARG.
TheDaftStudent

Return to Public Projects