The Gang's All Here

Official Missing Stars News.

The Gang's All Here

Postby Windreda » Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:08 pm

Would you look at that, we're all still alive and kicking on our parts!

http://somnovastudios.blogspot.com/2016 ... -here.html

I hope to be doing good things with my time here, and all of us still aim to be doing you all proud.
I am here based off of a dream.
Windreda
Writer

Re: The Gang's All Here

Postby Tom Lyon » Sat Jul 02, 2016 4:03 am

Wow, there's a lot of new faces in the dev team. It's kind of weird thinking of who has left and who has stayed. Good luck guys, can't wait for the demo!
Some other people had signatures, so I figured it was the cool thing to do.
Tom Lyon

Postby Swampie2 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 11:53 am

Tom Lyon wrote:Wow, there's a lot of new faces in the dev team.

Fresh meat :twisted:
Swampie2

Postby Divinewargod » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:36 pm

Another blog post! Ayyyyyy. Where can I bother everyone? Kosherbacon could be dead for all I know!
The best user on this board is zaku.
Divinewargod

Postby Windreda » Sun Jul 03, 2016 4:22 pm

Tom Lyon wrote:Wow, there's a lot of new faces in the dev team. It's kind of weird thinking of who has left and who has stayed. Good luck guys, can't wait for the demo!

I look forward to doing my part! The encouragement is appreciated an all of us "fresh meat" aim to be doing our predecessors proud.

Divinewargod wrote:Another blog post! Ayyyyyy. Where can I bother everyone? Kosherbacon could be dead for all I know!

Bother us here! I'm lonely and don't bite...anymore.

They're actually a reanimated corpse who too a liking to the internet and is posting up google search images when the mood strikes them.
(AKA Still part of the team and going on strong.)
Windreda
Writer

Postby brainy_kevin » Mon Jul 04, 2016 3:34 am

I've been following MS since 2013 and it seems I'll be following it for a while yet. Welcome to the new team members! Not to throw shade at you all, but it seems Somnova has gone through periods of optimism and progress in the past, only for those to peter out. Are there any concrete differences this time around? For example, it would be nice to know what percentage completion you're at for backgrounds and sprites, so we could see progress that way. That aside, nice to meet all of the new people.
brainy_kevin

Postby Windreda » Mon Jul 04, 2016 4:28 am

brainy_kevin wrote:I've been following MS since 2013 and it seems I'll be following it for a while yet. Welcome to the new team members! Not to throw shade at you all, but it seems Somnova has gone through periods of optimism and progress in the past, only for those to peter out. Are there any concrete differences this time around? For example, it would be nice to know what percentage completion you're at for backgrounds and sprites, so we could see progress that way. That aside, nice to meet all of the new people.

Glad to have your welcome brainy, and might I say what a mighty fine profile image you have.

To start off I really want to thank you for your post, because reading through it the only thing on my mind was "challenge accepted." It's a post like this that really makes me invigorated and desperate to prove to not only you guys but myself that this is a dream opportunity of mine. It's a great opportunity for a lot of us and we all have the current talent and capacity to make something really awesome. What's different this time around? Well being new it's rather hard to say. While I can account for myself I can't necessarily argue for my other teammates, who thus far seem just as pumped and hard working as I am. Is this euphoric high going to fade among ourselves?

Well if it stops on my part then I am killing off a dream of mine twelve years in the making. If it stops among the team this would be just another year lost...but I would take on more jobs if I needed to. I've found and am now holding onto something good, and I sure as hell am not going to let go now.

Gushy optimism aside there are quite a few significant changes noted among some of the older members. As mentioned in the blog post there seems to be a better system of organization and accountability. We already have deadlines put into place among individual members(including myself), as that way a few people aren't going to drag the entire project down as a whole. Main priorities at the moment seem to be writing before we can really look at everything we have and don't have for these scenes, however basic outlines seem to be finished for everyone. It's hard to give a hard percentage as since I'm new there's still some confusion with what is and isn't being used(From my perspective backgrounds are practically finished...which most definitely is NOT the case), but I can for instance say that in terms of general completion we're quite set for our next deadline. If this works out the way we plan on it to I can assure you that this optimistic boost in progress will shoot us all the way through the coming year. At this point all you really can do is just have a little more patience with us.

It's wonderful to be a part of this and meet all of you, and while it's sad to think this sort of change has happened before it is a nice set of perspective for me. It gives me the ability to look back and say this is what I'm NOT going to do. I, we, everyone can see this stagnation in the past and wonder "where do we go from here?" The next deadline is a rather good start.
Windreda
Writer

Postby Divinewargod » Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:46 am

Windreda wrote:might I say what a mighty fine profile image you have.

thx
Divinewargod

Postby Windreda » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:31 pm

Divinewargod wrote:
thx

So I take it those two images are your handiwork divine?
Windreda
Writer

Postby Divinewargod » Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:54 pm

Windreda wrote:
Divinewargod wrote:
thx

So I take it those two images are your handiwork divine?

Yeah check out my other (NSFW) stuff http://somnovastudios.org/yearbook/post ... newargod/1
Divinewargod

Postby ILY » Tue Jul 05, 2016 4:03 pm

A simple hello to the new people. I pray that you all survive the Somnova curse!

p.s. Ela's sprite looks great
ILY
The Door Whisperer

Postby jarek56 » Wed Jul 06, 2016 5:54 pm

Well, at least you're all still kicking. "Through the year". Looks like I'll be checking in in September or so :lol: Welcome to the forums, Windreda. We are programmed to receive...

You can check out any time you like...

And we MAY (miss) watching you leave XD

Who of the original staff is even left any more? How many of the routes are still being implemented?
jarek56

Postby Tom Lyon » Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:51 am

jarek56 wrote:How many of the routes are still being implemented?

#reneebestgirl #noreneenomissingstars
Some other people had signatures, so I figured it was the cool thing to do.
Tom Lyon

Postby Swampie2 » Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:52 pm

jarek56 wrote:How many of the routes are still being implemented?

As of right now; 6/7!
Swampie2

Postby Divinewargod » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:32 pm

My guess is that one of the twins got cut. Or merged.
Divinewargod

Postby ILY » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:37 pm

Tom Lyon wrote:#reneebestgirl #noreneenomissingstars

The devs are very funny. Always pretending that they aren't working on the most important route.
ILY
The Door Whisperer

Postby brainy_kevin » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:20 am

Actually Katja's the one that's been cut. Oh wait, no that isn't what you meant...
brainy_kevin

Postby Divinewargod » Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:35 am

brainy_kevin wrote:Actually Katja's the one that's been cut. Oh wait, no that isn't what you meant...

Burned Sliced.
Divinewargod

Postby Swampie2 » Sun Jul 10, 2016 2:17 pm

Actually it's just 7 different Renee routes
Swampie2

Postby Gloom » Mon Jul 11, 2016 5:35 pm

Swampie2 wrote:Actually it's just 7 different Renee routes

Spoilers ahead: Renee has a split personality... And she's all the girls. The parrot helps her fake 7 different voices using phrases memorized from six female students who went mysteriously missing two years ago.
Gloom
Writer

Next

Return to News