Missing Stars Gameplay and UI Preview

Official Missing Stars News.

Re: Missing Stars Gameplay and UI Preview

Postby enagemegane » Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:45 am

my hips are moving on their own.

Really though it's beautiful, keep up the amazing work!!!!
"It's not about anything at all."
https://soundcloud.com/nuovo_serena
Waytfm wrote: "Megane is officially my favorite person on these forums."
enagemegane

Postby slappetystick » Fri Dec 12, 2014 12:10 am

I felt some real feelings upon seeing how much progress you guys have made. I know I haven't been involved in years now (wow, it has been that long...), and I haven't kept up with the project for reasons which I'd prefer not to share in this post. Despite being away for so long, seeing this meant a lot to me.

I'm sure everyone I interacted with on the dev team has changed over the past two years, going on three, all in their own ways. I'd love to hear about your experiences working on the project as much as you'd like to talk about them. I'll do some catching up of my own by looking around the forum.

I love you all and I am so glad this is still going strong. Keep it up!
slappetystick

Postby Ultra_HR » Sat Dec 13, 2014 2:54 pm

That main menu is gorgeous. The little particle burst when an option is selected... Are you still using Ren'Py? I assume it's pretty heavily modified if you are.
Ultra_HR
Editor

Postby jarek56 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 8:49 pm

Progress, at LAST. Finally, I feel comfortable arising from the shadows to once again stalk the forums of somnova. Well done, gents.
jarek56

Postby Davi Felipe » Mon Jan 05, 2015 3:34 am

This is wonderful work. Thanks for sharing.
Davi Felipe

Postby Natsuki » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:39 am

I've been following the progress of this VN ever since its thread on the KS forums back in 2012, and I've had my share of qualms about the plot, but I eventually decided to give it a try, since KS wasn't your usual VN, and holy hell did I feel (the Katawa Dick).

You guys have come so far in these almost three years, and I must commend you for not dropping out, something which is sadly common in ambitious projects.

Now, there's something I must say about the versions of the opening screen and the UI. The stars during the first stages irked me, mainly because there were a set of stars above in the skies, and a different one reflected in the water and they seemed too unrealistic. Glad you changed that. I BETTER SEE THOSE SHINING STARS ABOVE APPEAR AFTER COMPLETING A ROUTE BECAUSE THAT'S SYMBOLIC AS FUCK AND I LOVE IT.

The logo feels like some sort of Mexican telenovela and that makes me cringe, something cleaner would work, not too over-the-top.

The music is comfy as hell, and I have no issues with it, it's calm and soothing, though I feel some melancholy as well; if that's the feeling you went for, you nailed it.

The backgrounds are UNF. Props to the people who made it.

Regarding the art, not really fond of seeing how the artstyle changes between Jeanne, Natasha and Isolda. I love the artstyle of both Jeanne and Natasha but not so much when it comes to Isolda's. I can't complain, though, because the artists are still excellent, and it's much cleaner than Katawa Shoujo.

The UI is neat, short and sweet. It doesn't feel like it will get in the way in game, and the opening sequence is excellent.

With that all said, I can't wait for the game to come out (hopefully before the end of the decade) soon. Keep up the excellent work, everyone (And I hope that I can help you guys translate the game in Spanish one day with other people that might be interested in it as well).
Natsuki

Previous

Return to News