[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4689: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4691: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4692: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4693: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3823)
Somnova Studios • View topic - How did you guys find out about this project?

How did you guys find out about this project?

Talk about whatever you want as long as it's (even vaguely) related to MS.

Re: How did you guys find out about this project?

Postby Zezin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:13 pm

Annaliese is my favorite too. But maybe someone else can write her story?
Check out my ! (Controversial Humor)
Zezin

Postby Worthington » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:34 am

The forums are not chatrooms. On topic please.
Worthington
Writer

Postby philurium » Thu Oct 18, 2012 4:44 am

To bring you back on topic... :)

So this may seem stalker-esque but it's not like I was actually doing anything of the sort lol. So I was clicking around on an artist website I just found and I accidentally clicked on someone's name in the comments section and it brought me to a twitter account. Before I hit my mouse 4 button to go back I saw the link to http://somnovastudios.blogspot.ca/ and went "hrmmm" and clicked it. And so I eventually made it to the forums. I hope you don't feel twitter violated, mister Telyur Hamadyne.

So as my first post I say hello to you all. I've only played a few VN's but for some reason I really like to follow these types of projects such as Katawa Shoujo that I'm about to replay. I always feel like teams like this can produce better material than the Japanese companies. And I like that I don't have to do anything illegal :)

To wrap things up I wish you guys the best of luck and can't wait to see what's to come. Now to read up on more of what yall are doing here :ugeek:
philurium

Postby enagemegane » Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:44 am

"It's not about anything at all."
Waytfm wrote: "Megane is officially my favorite person on these forums."
enagemegane

How? HOW????

Postby KillerSnail » Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:25 am

Via TVtropes, that foul, soul-stealing website.
KillerSnail

Re: How? HOW????

Postby scopedknife » Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:27 pm

scopedknife
Composer

Postby jumjummju » Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:08 am

I found out about this game from a Gamefaqs board of all things. Obviously, it was the board for Katawa Shoujo, but still. Gamefaqs!
I am the resident hipster, brony, aspie, and occasionally idiotic troll that likes to think he's smart.
jumjummju

Postby Tom Lyon » Sat Dec 29, 2012 2:30 am

I saw this on the Katawa Shoujo board but wasn't really interested, but then I saw it again on TVTropes and decided to check it out.
Some other people had signatures, so I figured it was the cool thing to do.
Tom Lyon

Postby AkioRed » Thu Jan 24, 2013 11:34 pm

And I though there wouldn't be many tropers here...
Is tvtropes that famous? Never heard of anyone close by that browses it (please take note that I'm brazilian).
AkioRed

Postby Octovaitor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:38 am

Tvtropes Katawa Shoujo page.
Octovaitor

Postby VacuityMechanica » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:45 am

"Hitler wasn't all bad. He did kill Hitler, after all."
~Anonymous.

VacuityMechanica

Postby TheLastMelody » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:02 am

Never heard of TV-Tropes until I registered here and someone posted that they found MS there ^_^"
TheLastMelody

Postby AkioRed » Fri Jan 25, 2013 1:49 pm

AkioRed

Postby scopedknife » Fri Jan 25, 2013 9:26 pm

scopedknife
Composer

Postby Blossomforth » Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:45 am

TvTrope's Katawa Shoujo page like a year ago.
Blossomforth

Postby scopedknife » Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:44 am

scopedknife
Composer

Postby Gloom » Fri Feb 01, 2013 2:15 pm

One can only fantasize of the implied torrent of young and eager fans that would come pouring on that blissful day shortly after our release when a TvTropes page is created for this game itself.
Gloom
Writer

Postby ProNice » Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:45 am

I was desperately looking for Dating Sims with a decent story and character development (but I only managed to find meet&fuck games),
so I took some more effort into my research and stumbled over some websites that hosted titles like Hatofull Boyfriend and the likes.
I tried some free Dating Sims when I found Katawa Shoujo. I was (to put it mildly) amazed of the passion that must have went in this non-profit game.

(By the way, I played the hanako path and were really satisfied. I guess the psychological aspects of her route appealed to me a lot more than the others.)

The days after I completed my playthrough, I thought about a visual novel that plays in an Asylum. To understand the mechanics behind this visual novel
I took a deep look into the Katawa Shoujo Forums. A thread with the title >Would you play a "mental disability" VN similar to KS?< on the Katawa Shoujo board
grabbed my attention. I searched for "Mentaru Shoujo" and found this site. At first sight I was intrigued. Then I stayed and came back at frequent intervals.
ProNice
Artist

Postby KRiZ831 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:44 am

PicsArt_1361169789086.jpg
PicsArt_1361169789086.jpg (301.26 KiB) Viewed 1105 times
Pretty much sums up how I got here
*=-=* Romance is my favorite genre yet I cant find a girl that can make me love her (thats a lie ive been in love before just wish I wasnt :/)
KRiZ831

Postby Blossomforth » Mon Mar 18, 2013 4:34 pm

Blossomforth

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion