Wondering if I'll even be able to play it.

Talk about whatever you want as long as it's (even vaguely) related to MS.

Wondering if I'll even be able to play it.

Postby Zezin » Tue Nov 29, 2016 7:55 am

Things have been weird for awhile and I'm becoming hypersensitive to things that may have an even remote sadness to them. I have a VN gathering dust in my Steam library just because all the reviews say it's sad and every time I consider playing it I'm not sure I can brace myself for it.le
I'm afraid Missing Stars is going to be 10x worse because it's something I can connect to on a personal level.

I have been hiding from the world with games and schoolwork lately to shield myself from things since I'm in such a vulnerable state right now and I have no idea if this will last a year or maybe half a decade.
Check out my Facebook Page! (Controversial Humor)
Zezin

Re: Wondering if I'll even be able to play it.

Postby Colstan » Sun Dec 04, 2016 5:53 am

Zezin wrote:I have been hiding from the world with games and schoolwork lately to shield myself from things since I'm in such a vulnerable state right now and I have no idea if this will last a year or maybe half a decade.

For what it's worth, my friend, "feeling" is a way that we know that we're human. I suppose that is what separates us from the beasts. I wouldn't be surprised if Missing Stars hurts, but in a good way. Sometimes hurt isn't a bad thing, but something most folks can relate to. I think that is part of the appeal of MS.

So, everything hurts, but it can get better, or at least be a new experience, as long as we keep going. We humans keep going, until we don't, and that happens soon enough.

Colstan
Colstan

Postby Swampie2 » Sun Dec 04, 2016 8:07 pm

We've tried our best to have a range of 'heaviness' in the routes; some are very emotionally heavy while others are more lighthearted and easygoing. Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the project when it's done!
Swampie2

Postby jarek56 » Tue Dec 06, 2016 6:59 pm

Swampie2 wrote:Hopefully you'll be able to enjoy the project when it's done!

December of next year you say? :lol:
jarek56

Postby Gloom » Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:54 pm

In a distant land, on an earth that looks different, basking in the pallid luminescence of a vast and crimson sun, the blackened sands blow in the wind. There, upon that dread plateau, a house, whose inhabitants have long ago become dust, which has become memory, which none are then left to remember. And in that house, a small, black box, of a material no human eye has ever seen nor ever shall, and in that box, a tool. A tool designed not for hands, but for the equivalent appendage, used in the eons preceding by the diamondoid beings who saw that tiny planet to be under their dominion, on those occasions when they saw fit to take physical form, achingly drawing their minds from the gestalt formed from the invisible dance of photons across the vastness of the aging universe, from one Dysonian shell to another, messenger pigeons of the black with wings of light. That tool was once a thinking device. A billion years before, on a planet which did not see organic life in a billion years before then, the mechanical caretakers of a fallen civilization recovered it from mounds of ash, and, based on the instructions therein, commenced work on a long forgotten project.

The next time after that the device would be picked up, it would be by the entity (for no other definition would serve it) that would use it to release Missing Stars.
Gloom
Writer

Postby jarek56 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 5:48 am

Gloom wrote:In a distant land, on an earth that looks different, basking in the pallid luminescence of a vast and crimson sun, the blackened sands blow in the wind. There, upon that dread plateau, a house, whose inhabitants have long ago become dust, which has become memory, which none are then left to remember. And in that house, a small, black box, of a material no human eye has ever seen nor ever shall, and in that box, a tool. A tool designed not for hands, but for the equivalent appendage, used in the eons preceding by the diamondoid beings who saw that tiny planet to be under their dominion, on those occasions when they saw fit to take physical form, achingly drawing their minds from the gestalt formed from the invisible dance of photons across the vastness of the aging universe, from one Dysonian shell to another, messenger pigeons of the black with wings of light. That tool was once a thinking device. A billion years before, on a planet which did not see organic life in a billion years before then, the mechanical caretakers of a fallen civilization recovered it from mounds of ash, and, based on the instructions therein, commenced work on a long forgotten project.

The next time after that the device would be picked up, it would be by the entity (for no other definition would serve it) that would use it to release Missing Stars.

You paint such an appropriately bleak picture.
jarek56

Postby kosherbacon » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:26 pm

Today I learned that Gloom writes Steven Universe fanfiction.
kosherbacon
Writer

Postby jarek56 » Thu Dec 29, 2016 7:00 pm

kosherbacon wrote:Today I learned that Gloom writes Steven Universe fanfiction.

HO FUC-
jarek56

Return to General Discussion