An Art Question

Talk about whatever you want as long as it's (even vaguely) related to MS.

An Art Question

Postby Steinherz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 4:26 am

Note: This is actually from my friend who's too lazy to make a forum account. That and discussions on these forums is kind of slow so yeah, why the hell not :lol:

So, obviously there'll be differing sprites in Missing Stars. He was wondering if MS will have the same "Barbie Doll Anatomy"-art as Katawa Shoujo did. (Lilly and Shizune's nude sprites clearly lacked any form of a vagina)
As to quote him: "I couldn't take the scenes with Lilly and Shizune seriously because I saw it was was like "Look ma, no genitals!" the whole time." :roll:

Now, I don't care either way, but thanks to him I am curious about it. Any artists care to put any input on that bit of.... art direction? :lol:
I'm also called BlackSunNocturne (or BlckSunNocturne if sites are mean with character limits) if you're looking for me on other places.

Roses are red, Violets are blue, I'm stuck on the Eastern Front, and so are fucking you!
Steinherz

Re: An Art Question

Postby kosherbacon » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:29 am

Lena's poses are mostly with some degree of thigh gap present. When she's naked, which is often, you're gonna see some taco.

I once bombed the dropbox with literally hundreds of reference photos of flat-chested blondes, much to the dismay of devs who connected while at school.

Anyways, visible sprite-vulva is going to depend on character posing, the personal tastes of artists, the fullness of ladygardens, and anatomy.
kosherbacon
Writer

Postby raithfyre » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:32 am

It's something that the art team has only vaguely discussed, but yeah, like Kosher said it's more to do with what the scenes require than anything. We don't (at the time of writing this post) plan to shy away from uh, showing anything.
No longer an active MS developer; I'm just here for the memes

I did make a yuri game called Highway Blossoms though.
raithfyre
Writer

Postby Steinherz » Wed Nov 05, 2014 5:58 am

kosherbacon wrote:Lena's poses are mostly with some degree of thigh gap present. When she's naked, which is often, you're gonna see some taco.

Ah okay, that's one girl then

kosherbacon wrote:I once bombed the dropbox with literally hundreds of reference photos of flat-chested blondes, much to the dismay of devs who connected while at school.

That must have been a fun day for all involed :lol: :lol: :lol:

kosherbacon wrote:Anyways, visible sprite-vulva is going to depend on character posing, the personal tastes of artists, the fullness of ladygardens, and anatomy.

Makes sense. Though even if ladygardens have a decent fullness, you should still see something *cough*Lilly*cough*

raithfyre wrote:It's something that the art team has only vaguely discussed, but yeah, like Kosher said it's more to do with what the scenes require than anything. We don't (at the time of writing this post) plan to shy away from uh, showing anything.

Okie dokie, again, makes sense. Also, your profile picture's little text comment makes that post oddly hilarious
I'm also called BlackSunNocturne (or BlckSunNocturne if sites are mean with character limits) if you're looking for me on other places.

Roses are red, Violets are blue, I'm stuck on the Eastern Front, and so are fucking you!
Steinherz

Postby Morthiasik » Thu Nov 06, 2014 5:46 pm

Considering that our current art style has slight touch of realism, whenever vulva should be visible, it will be.
Morthiasik
Artist

Postby sky » Fri Nov 07, 2014 1:55 pm

kosherbacon wrote:Lena's poses are mostly with some degree of thigh gap present. When she's naked, which is often, you're gonna see some taco.

I once bombed the dropbox with literally hundreds of reference photos of flat-chested blondes, much to the dismay of devs who connected while at school.

Anyways, visible sprite-vulva is going to depend on character posing, the personal tastes of artists, the fullness of ladygardens, and anatomy.

Kosher is now my favorite bacon.
"I'm twice the man Erik is." - Lena Forst
sky

Postby zaku » Fri Nov 07, 2014 2:38 pm

sky wrote:

Kosher is now my favorite bacon.

in my option, i expect honitsu and morthiasik :mrgreen:
zaku

Postby Likhos » Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:27 pm

Hanako is still my favourite Bacon, sorry Kosher.

Neat infos btw.
Likhos

Return to General Discussion