Er..does the Missing Stars project have an official site?

Talk about whatever you want as long as it's (even vaguely) related to MS.

Er..does the Missing Stars project have an official site?

Postby Valjean Lafitte » Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:14 pm

So I've been following Somnova's blog and lurking these forums for a couple of weeks now since I first heard of this project on Reddit. And during that time it's been driving me a bit crazy that on the Somnova main page there's a link to what you would think is an official site for the game, missing-stars.net, that only leads to a "user authentication" screen. Is this a private site for the developers eyes only? Why is there a link to it if there's no obvious way to get in? I've read every FAQ and tried to find the answer on this forum, but to no avail. I apologize if this has been asked before, and if there's a really simple, obvious answer.
Valjean Lafitte

Re: Er..does the Missing Stars project have an official site

Postby raithfyre » Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:34 pm

Heya. Basically, that particular website is still under construction, yeah. We just haven't really been focusing on it a whole lot because there's not really much of a need for it yet - would rather devote the manpower to other things currently. It'll be up at some point, but I don't really know when that point will be.
No longer an active MS developer; I'm just here for the memes

I did make a yuri game called Highway Blossoms though.
raithfyre
Writer

Postby Valjean Lafitte » Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:50 am

raithfyre wrote:Heya. Basically, that particular website is still under construction, yeah. We just haven't really been focusing on it a whole lot because there's not really much of a need for it yet - would rather devote the manpower to other things currently. It'll be up at some point, but I don't really know when that point will be.

The reason I asked was because after reading the latest update I dug around for a bit to see if there were written bios for Isolda or any of the other characters. Anyway, thanks for the quick response!
Valjean Lafitte

Postby raithfyre » Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:55 pm

There are but you kinda have to dig around the old blog posts. After work today I'll try to aggregate those into one spot or something, if I remember.
No longer an active MS developer; I'm just here for the memes

I did make a yuri game called Highway Blossoms though.
raithfyre
Writer

Postby Gloom » Wed Oct 01, 2014 4:08 pm

Valjean Lafitte wrote:
raithfyre wrote:Heya. Basically, that particular website is still under construction, yeah. We just haven't really been focusing on it a whole lot because there's not really much of a need for it yet - would rather devote the manpower to other things currently. It'll be up at some point, but I don't really know when that point will be.

The reason I asked was because after reading the latest update I dug around for a bit to see if there were written bios for Isolda or any of the other characters. Anyway, thanks for the quick response!

None that are public yet, but if you dig deep down enough through the blog you would be able to find a few posts that shed a measure of light regarding their backgrounds, personalities, and roles in the story: first is the opening series of posts which were dedicated to introducing the cast (Isolda, Jeanne, Lena, Annaliese, Katja, and the Holm twins), and another one is a more recent series meant to give away a few hints about them via "in-universe" documents: a police report about the Holm twins, a newspaper article about Lena, an essay by a friend of Katja's, one of Jeanne's medical files, a poem by Annaliese and a peek inside Isolda's diary. Lastly, if you're still starved for information and don't mind working your brain a bit, two holiday themed stories posted so far in the fanfiction section may not be quite what you'd call official canon, but are written by the girls' actual writers with their canon personality and background in mind: Worthington's "Expectations" is a Valentine's Day story featuring Annaliese,and my very own "A Christmas Choir Girl" features Katja (and her friend).

Hope this should keep you satisfied at least for a short while we're getting the website underway.
Gloom
Writer

Postby TheLastMelody » Sun Oct 05, 2014 8:09 am

WOW... I am impressed Gloom, not only do you write, you also have control over stuff like this :-)

Now you don't have to dig anymore, Raith.

And thanks Gloom, now I don't have to dig either ^_^
The Last Melody wrote:The past doesn't forgive, it only teaches.

Terra of the Left, God's Right Seat wrote:Challenge me to your hearts content, then give up to your hearts content

Zezin wrote:...I'm a derp, I know.
TheLastMelody

Postby Valjean Lafitte » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:21 am

Despite the fact that I check the main page for updates almost every day, and even made a post about the Missing Stars UI Preview on /r/katawashoujo the other day, I somehow forgot until now that I A), joined this forum and B), made this thread. :oops:

Much (belated) thanks, Gloom!
Valjean Lafitte

Return to General Discussion